1Likes
  • 1 Post By HDfury

post #1 of 19 Old 07-13-2017, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
HDfury AVR-Key Help

I currently own a Denon AVR-X3200W receiver, Xbox One S, and LG 65C7P tv. Currently I cannot receive HDR signal because the receiver will not pass through but the audio is great. Do you offer some type of splitter of sort to allow me to get 4k with hdr video to my LG C7 tv and Dolby Atmos / DTS X Audio to my receiver? I believe the AVR-Key might work but not 100% sure. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 07-14-2017, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 223 Post(s)
Quoted: 1719 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan81 View Post
I currently own a Denon AVR-X3200W receiver, Xbox One S, and LG 65C7P tv. Currently I cannot receive HDR signal because the receiver will not pass through but the audio is great. Do you offer some type of splitter of sort to allow me to get 4k with hdr video to my LG C7 tv and Dolby Atmos / DTS X Audio to my receiver? I believe the AVR-Key might work but not 100% sure. Thanks in advance
yes AVRkey will work 100% on its own, just like Vertex

AVRkey is 1st OCT, Vertex 1st NOV.

Otherwise, if you want solution right now, you need INTEGRAL + LINKER.
post #3 of 19 Old 07-14-2017, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Does the AVRKey audio HDMI output carry downscaled video or a blank screen?

post #4 of 19 Old 07-14-2017, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
Does the AVRKey audio HDMI output carry downscaled video or a blank screen?
HDCP1.4 720p or 1080p selectable blank stream (black video) with FULL HDMI AUDIO.
bobof likes this.
post #5 of 19 Old 07-27-2017, 05:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
HDCP1.4 720p or 1080p selectable blank stream (black video) with FULL HDMI AUDIO.
Will the AVR Key allow none atmos capable AVR Receivers to properly play atmos audio?
post #6 of 19 Old 07-27-2017, 04:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson636 View Post
Will the AVR Key allow none atmos capable AVR Receivers to properly play atmos audio?
If AVR supports ATMOS but cannot decode it because it doesn't support the video signal or hdcp2.2, then yes, it will allow it.
If AVR does not support ATMOS, then no need to try to send any ATMOS to it.
post #7 of 19 Old 07-28-2017, 07:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Quote:
No. It demuxes (separates) the audio from the datastream, repackages it into HDMI 1.3 or 1.4 format so it can be read and played back by a capable AVR, and combines it with 720p/1080p/no video to be sent to the AVR. ATMOS playback by a non-ATMOS receiver would require a separate decoder box or preamp that can extract the object-based audio and route it to the correct channels. When Dolby Surround first came out, several manufacturers introduced boxes for use with two-channel receivers that would create the center and surround channels and had small amps built in to power them. I still have one of the units Radio Shack sold, in storage.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931

Last edited by Rolls-Royce; 07-28-2017 at 07:57 AM.
post #8 of 19 Old 07-28-2017, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
No. It demuxes (separates) the audio from the datastream, repackages it into HDMI 1.3 or 1.4 format so it can be read and played back by a capable AVR, and combines it with 720p/1080p/no video to be sent to the AVR. ATMOS playback by a non-ATMOS receiver would require a separate decoder box or preamp that can extract the object-based audio and route it to the correct channels. When Dolby Surround first came out, several manufacturers introduced boxes for use with two-channel receivers that would create the center and surround channels and had small amps built in to power them. I still have one of the units Radio Shack sold, in storage.
My bubble has been burst Was thinking of purchasing a SR7007 or SR7008 with the hopes of the AVR key would allow me to play and direct the atmos tracks to my atmos speakers
post #9 of 19 Old 07-28-2017, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Quote:
My bubble has been burst Was thinking of purchasing a SR7007 or SR7008 with the hopes of the AVR key would allow me to play and direct the atmos tracks to my atmos speakers
Sorry. I didn't want to see you spend money on something that wouldn't do what you wanted.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
post #10 of 19 Old 08-15-2017, 08:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 19
does the Vertex have all the AVR-key functionality built in?
dan

Dan
post #11 of 19 Old 08-15-2017, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B_0673 View Post
does the Vertex have all the AVR-key functionality built in?
dan

It's completely different way of doing it.

AVRkey is really intended to bring HDMI AUDIO to any AVR and it will do it for ANY VIDEO SIGNAL in existence today from any HDMI sources for any AUDIO signal in existence today.
HOWEVER, what you have is 600MHz (UHD/HDR/2.2) passthru WITH HDMI AUDIO extracted and forwarded at 720p or 1080p blanked signal (no video ! only audio)

> this method is perfect for HDMI audio and will work for the purpose in any situation, the only limitation here is that you get HDMI AUDIO to your AVR, and not the video from the original signal.

Vertex will also work bringing HDMI AUDIO to older receivers from modern sources but it will also bring the HDMI VIDEO, for this instead of extracting HDMI Audio from a passthru and inject it on a self created blank stream. It will scale down the signal and perform operation on the fly so the original signal go through to your display untouched and the second signal get downscaled so you have FULL HDMI AUDIO AND HDMI VIDEO at your AVR (using the best video capabilites that your AVR support)
post #12 of 19 Old 08-15-2017, 01:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It's completely different way of doing it.

AVRkey is really intended to bring HDMI AUDIO to any AVR and it will do it for ANY VIDEO SIGNAL in existence today from any HDMI sources for any AUDIO signal in existence today.
HOWEVER, what you have is 600MHz (UHD/HDR/2.2) passthru WITH HDMI AUDIO extracted and forwarded at 720p or 1080p blanked signal (no video ! only audio)

> this method is perfect for HDMI audio and will work for the purpose in any situation, the only limitation here is that you get HDMI AUDIO to your AVR, and not the video from the original signal.

Vertex will also work bringing HDMI AUDIO to older receivers from modern sources but it will also bring the HDMI VIDEO, for this instead of extracting HDMI Audio from a passthru and inject it on a self created blank stream. It will scale down the signal and perform operation on the fly so the original signal go through to your display untouched and the second signal get downscaled so you have FULL HDMI AUDIO AND HDMI VIDEO at your AVR (using the best video capabilites that your AVR support)
thanks, once I get the vertex, I am still going to need help. Your explanations are fine,my grasp of the technology is lacking.
I had received a email from you stating that you were going to keep a count down counter on the number of Vertex still available for preorder (count down every 1000). Where is that located on the Vertex website or will I receive an email update?
thanks again
dan

Dan
post #13 of 19 Old 08-16-2017, 03:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B_0673 View Post
thanks, once I get the vertex, I am still going to need help. Your explanations are fine,my grasp of the technology is lacking.
I had received a email from you stating that you were going to keep a count down counter on the number of Vertex still available for preorder (count down every 1000). Where is that located on the Vertex website or will I receive an email update?
thanks again
dan
Remaining units will be mentioned on the Vertex product page and yes, you will get email before it ships and/or before it's out of stock.
post #14 of 19 Old 08-16-2017, 04:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Remaining units will be mentioned on the Vertex product page and yes, you will get email before it ships and/or before it's out of stock.
thanks

Dan
post #15 of 19 Old 08-17-2017, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Does the AVR-Key have an optical Optical Out downmix of the audio signal? If not, I know the Vertex/Integral does. How does the Optical Out downmix work if you are outputting 48khz/96khz 5.1/7.1 LPCM or 5.1/7.1 DTSHD/DolbyHD bitstream?
post #16 of 19 Old 08-17-2017, 06:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexcode99 View Post
Does the AVR-Key have an optical Optical Out downmix of the audio signal? If not, I know the Vertex/Integral does. How does the Optical Out downmix work if you are outputting 48khz/96khz 5.1/7.1 LPCM or 5.1/7.1 DTSHD/DolbyHD bitstream?
No optical out on AVR key, only HDMI audio.

We do not decode and manipulate sound, we are just forwarding any audio signal as it is and eventually changing HDCP and signal type (res, chroma, etc..) so it matches an AVR technically not able to receive the original video signal but perfectly capable of receiving the original sound signal.
Optical out on Integral / Vertex is mainly for ARC purpose and/or 5.1/stereo.

Downmixing any audio signal requiere decoding and license, we never did such audio device yet, but we do have an "audiofury" on the paper since a while.
post #17 of 19 Old 09-19-2017, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

AVR Key GUI

Here is first picture of AVR Key GUI.

We tried to keep everything super easy as it's a plug and play product.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AVR-Key_GUI_2.png
Views:	16
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	2285004   Click image for larger version

Name:	AVR-Key_GUI_1.png
Views:	13
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	2285006  
post #18 of 19 Old 09-19-2017, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 135
You really should consider making a AVR key with more than one Input. 4 or 6 remote controlled inputs would allow users to replace the HDMI switch in the AVR, increasing the usability a lot. Even better make two HDMI video outputs as well. One for the TV and one for the projector.
post #19 of 19 Old 09-19-2017, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by splotten View Post
You really should consider making a AVR key with more than one Input. 4 or 6 remote controlled inputs would allow users to replace the HDMI switch in the AVR, increasing the usability a lot. Even better make two HDMI video outputs as well. One for the TV and one for the projector.
Thank for the inputs, we have all that in the making

Anyway, cheap switcher + AVRkey will remain the most cost effective solution & Regarding 2 ouputs > Vertex !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page