I could not find a LG 2017 calibration thread so here is one.
Since all 2017 LG's use the same chipsets, one thread should do it.
My 65 C7 came yesterday and looked pretty good out of the box.
Without burn-in, I know I will be doing it again but it's good practice.
Gear: I1Ddisplay 3, I1Pro2, Lumagen 2020 (for patterns), and Calman 2017 beta.
- All enhancements off.
- C7 Gamma BT.1886
- Set the black level on a full back screen
- WB Warm 2
- Selected a profile on hand
- Gamma Target BT.1886
- Black Level set to .0034 (from @chadb
- Adjust 2 point High with 100% white, no adjustment needed to Low.
- Run a sweep and offline adjust luminance only
- Run a sweep and adjust luminance where all are even and RGB using 2-clicks from each 1% off.
- Repeat sweep a few times with minor adjustments offline
- Live TV content is displayed between sweeps
The results looked very nice.
However, overnight I ran Clear panel noise and things changed a bit.
I did not capture the calibration but as I recall the DE Mas was under 1%.
Today it is a bit different.
This is the profile used last night although I;ll be doing that again as well.
Next time, I will perform a Panel Clear and play content for a while before calibrating.
Attached are the D3 readings this morning with the
- I1D3 in RAW mode no profile
- I1D3 with an older profile (used last night)
- I1D3 Oled no profile
These were taken one after another and they definately vary.
Withtout a spectro to profile, I would be inclinded to choose RAW for my I1D3.
I'll do another run with a new profile against the I1Pro2 soon.