I've been posting this method periodically over the past few years:
For HCFR, profiling a colorimeter to the i1 Pro spectrometer is a simple matter. I'll use the i1 Display 3 as an example. The object is to create a correction color matrix which is to be used with the
D3. It's explained, not too clearly, in the HCFR Help Menu/Advanced/XYZ Adjustment/Compute section.
1. Set up a calibration DVD to display the primary (red, green, blue) colors and white windows sequentially.
Use a 10% window at 100% amplitude.
2. Put both the D3 and the Pro on the TV panel so the meter sensor holes are vertically in the center of the window and right next to one another. (Or you can do each meter sequentially so that both are reading the same area.)
3. Set up HCFR for the i1 Pro meter and do a normal sensor black level calibration (Measures/Sensor/Calibrate...)
4. Run the primary colors and the white windows reading the data with HCFR set up for the i1 Pro meter. Save the run as something like "pro meter calibration.chc"
5. Set up HCFR for the D3 meter and do
a normal sensor black level
an 80% white level sync calibration (Measures/Sensor/Calibrate...)
6. Run the primary colors and the white windows reading the data with HCFR set up for the D3 meter. Save the run as something like "D3 meter calibration.chc"
7. Display the i1 Pro results on your computer and check the "Reference measure" box in the upper right hand corner.
8. Display the D3 results and click Advanced/Meter correction file/Create using existing reference measures.
9. Display the D3 results and click Advanced/Meter correction file/Save meter correction file... Save it with a name like "D3 calibration matrix 08-17-2014"